It has been an eventful week. I sent my Aspiration Statement and Resume to Morocco today. Tomorrow I hope to meet with the property manager about my tenancy while I'm serving. I've gotten my photos for my new passport and am nearly ready to send that paperwork in.
Meanwhile, it has been really sinking in that I'm going to be going to Morocco for 2 years! My life is going to be radically different than it is now. I've been telling people that the amount of time I now spend staring at electronic screens will instead be spent in face-to-face interactions. Staring at screens is something I do for at least 12 hours a day, if you count work, internet and television; often more. While I am looking forward to spending less time with electronic screens, I wonder what it will be like to spend so much time with people? I think I'm going to love it, but I know I'll miss having solitude, too.
Counting down: 4 months, 7 days 'til Orientation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment